Monday, January 30, 2012

Tristan started T-Ball last weekend!!!! It was so awesome, and it was only 5 minutes of tryouts so far.  But wow I didn't know how much fun it could be to watch someone else having fun.  He loves playing, and being on a team, even though he is not on a team yet, this was just tryouts. 

Saturday morning Jerrid took him to Dick's (while Lana and I went to our favorite store, TJ Max, of course).  Jerrid got him a new glove, which to me felt broke in already.  Maybe it is new technology, but when I was a kid it took a while for a glove to get that broke in feel to it, you know what I mean?  He also got a new pair of cleats (when Jerrid was growing up his dad could not always afford to get him "good" shoes, so it is very important to Jerrid that our kids always have "good" shoes that they can be proud of) so Jerrid got him the UnderArmer cleats.  They look "good".  Jerrid also let him pick out a pair of baseball paint to wear to tryouts, and a baseball belt.  I didn't know there was a certian classificaion of "baseball" belts, but there is, and Tristan was stoked to get one.  I think it is his first belt.  I honnestly can't remember him ever wearing one before, but it is possible that he has.  If it's not the first, it's the first one he remembers, because he was really excited about it.

Here is Tristan when he was about to go out on the field.  Jerrid told him to stretch, it was a big moment, he had to hit 4 ball, run to second, catch 3 grounders, and 2 fly balls. (The fly balls were very scary to me, I never just toss things at him and tell him to catch, but he was not affraid).  He was lucky number 13 for tryouts!


Here he is talking to his coach, it looks like his coach like to explain things just as much as Tristan does.


I think Tristan is now telling the coach about how "broke in" mom says his glove is...lol...I told him that was awesome, so of course he believed me.


I thought I was filming, but turns out I just got a picture at the beginning and the end...way to go mom...so here is is on his last fly ball, and this is acutally the only one that got away from him.  He was very excited about tryouts, and you could really tell he was giving it his all...some of the kids did not seem excited, but mine was acting like he was at 6 flags for the first time.


 Oh yeah, and what was the princess doing during all this you ask.  Well, she first enjoyed pop corn with this guy...don't worry, I have my eye on you kid.  She also had pizza, that entire glass of water, and climb up and down the bleachers with all the other "waiting" kids.  She had fun too, and she said she was going to cheer for Tristan, maybe next time she will remember... this time it was all too new, and the little socail butterfly had to much socializing to get done.


Also, this picture is random, but have you heard of purple potatoes?  We got some and I made mashed potatoes, to go with some Bar-B-Cups (shout out to Mrs. McLocklin).  This is a picture of them from last monday.  My boss was disturbed by them when I took the left over to work, but after some research I found out that the purple potatoes lower your blood pressure and actually have the same antioxident as blueberry that has been proven to help prevent some cancers...so guess what Mr. Boss man, you better eat some purple potatoes...lol!!


So I know you are all wonder what amazing song I will leave you with this week...and some of you  may have guessed it by now, so...Click here to hear John Fogerty sing a song my son will be singing for the next several months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment