Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tristan


Around 2009, I was driving down the road listening to a radio station that played top 40 hits, and Katie Perry's "I kissed a girl" came on. I always sing in the car, even when there are other people in the car with me, I LOVE TO SING!! But with my babies in the back seat I started sing that song, and I thought about the words. I thought, "Wow, my kids just heard their mom say she kissed a girl and liked it." From that point on I decided that I would not let music make my mouth say something that I would not say otherwise. Shortly after that I started listening to Christian music almost always, because I love to sing, so I should sing praise while I'm at it. (In case you were wondering what my favorite song is... here it is for your listening pleasures).
Today, as I was hurrying to work because I was late as usual, I was singing with Tristan and Lana in the car as usual. We were listening/singing along to this song, and it touched Tristan in the most awesome way. This is what he told me...
Tristan--"Mom, I really love you, and I love my dad, and my sister, and well...everyone. But do you know who I love the most?"
Me--"Who?"
Tristan--"God, I love him most."
Me--"Wow Tristan that's awesome! Do you love him most, because he made you?"
Tristan--"Yeah, and I love him because he gave us Jesus...and I love my dad and don't want to be away from him...but God had to be away from Jesus because he loves us. I love God, and that is why parents should be good to their sons."
I thought wow, this is really deep for a 5 year old. Not sure where he was going with the "parents should be nice to their kids" comment, but God sending his son because he loves us is a pretty big concept for a 5 year old to pick up on. I'm sure it was in his head from Christmas, but listening to the song made him think of it again. It made me really glad that that was the song I was listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment